10 Topic of the Weekly Current Affairs: 14 March to 19 March 2022
Winners of BAFTA Awards 2022
- The 2022 BAFTA Award for 'Best Picture' went to Power of the Dog, while Will Smith won 'Best Actor' for his performance in King Richard. Belfast won the 'Outstanding British Film Award' and Encanto won the BAFTA Award for Best Animated Film. Check out the full list of BAFTA 2022 winners here.
India's Rishabh Pant made the fastest 50 in Tests for India
- Rishabh Pant of India has scored the fastest 50 runs in Test cricket. He has broken Kapil Dev's record. Pant achieved this feat during the second India vs Sri Lanka Test match in Bengaluru. Rishabh Pant's 50 is also the fastest fifty in the world. Kapil Dev made the fastest 50 record for India against Pakistan in 1982.
Precautionary dosage begins for everyone over 60
- The Government of India has removed the co-morbidity clause for giving a precautionary dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to people above 60 years of age. The precautionary dose is now available for all people 60 years of age and older with effect from March 16, 2022.
Karnataka High Court dismisses plea challenging hijab ban in educational institutions
- The Karnataka High Court dismissed various petitions challenging the ban on hijab in educational institutions. The High Court in its judgment also said that wearing the hijab is not a necessary religious practice of Islam. Karnataka's Board of Pre-University Education had previously banned both the hijab and saffron scarves until an expert committee decided on the issue.
ICC Cricket Ranking 2022
- India is ranked second in the ICC Test Team Rankings 2022 with 116 ratings. The cricket team is just behind Australia. India's Ravindra Jadeja is currently at the top of the ICC Test All-rounder Rankings 2022 with 406 points. He scored an unbeaten 175 and took 9 wickets in India's first Test against Sri Lanka at Mohali.
Jhulan Goswami became the first bowler to take 250 wickets in women's ODIs
- India's Jhulan Goswami became the highest wicket-taker in women's ODIs. He achieved this feat by taking 250 wickets. Goswami achieved the historic feat with the wicket of Tammy Beaumont in India's match against England in the ICC Women's World Cup 2022.
Bhagwant Mann takes oath as the new Chief Minister of Punjab
- Bhagwant Mann of Aam Aadmi Party took oath as the new Chief Minister of Punjab in a historic ceremony on 16 March. His swearing-in ceremony took place in the presence of thousands of people in Khatkar Kalan, the native village of Bhagat Singh. He has become the youngest Punjab CM since the 1970s. Mann is also the first non-Congress, non-Akali Chief Minister of Punjab.
Karolina Bilawaska became Miss World 2021
- Karolina Bilawaska has been crowned Miss World 2021 at the 70th edition of the beauty pageant held in San Juan, Puerto Rico. India's Manasa Varanasi failed to make it to the top 6, being included in the list of top 13 at 11th position. Mr. Saini of the United States and Olivia Yeses of Cote d'Ivoire were the first and second runners-up respectively.
- Metaworldpad is a new launchpad that will support the growth and development of the Metaworld ecosystem. This will enable investors to invest in infrastructure and other projects in the metaverse space, giving the community first access to the building blocks of the future.
Know about Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, a British-Iranian national, returns to her home in the United Kingdom (UK) after spending nearly 6 years as a prisoner in the Iranian capital, Tehran. According to the Iranian government, Zaghari-Ratcliffe was hosting a 'foreign-linked hostile network' during her visit to Iran.
Which Is The Right Meal Plan For Weight Loss?Aug 22nd, 2022
Learning Machine Learning From ScratchMar 29th, 2022
How many calories in lemonAug 23rd, 2022
5 Most Important On-page SEO Techniques for Higher RankingSep 07th, 2022
8 Best Backpacks for Everyday UseMar 25th, 2022
How Gardening Helps in curing Depression & Anxiety DisordersAug 21st, 2022
Critical Reasons to Use WordPressSep 15th, 2022