Shorts Current Affairs : 15 April 2022
Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for $43 billion.
- Tesla Chief Elon Musk has launched a hostile takeover bid for Twitter. He has insisted that this was the best and final offer and that he is the only person who has been able to unlock the full potential of the platform.
- Elon Musk offered $54.20 per share, valuing the mega social media firm at $43.4 billion.
- Twitter's board commented on Musk's proposal, saying it would carefully review Elon Musk's unsolicited, non-binding proposal and decide on further action that would be in the best interest of Twitter and its stakeholders.
- Elon Musk, who is also Twitter's largest shareholder, said his offer is the best and final offer. He will consider his status as a shareholder if the offer is rejected.
Saina Nehwal slams the Badminton Association of India for fixing the date of selection trials for the Commonwealth Games
- Olympic medalist shuttler Saina Nehwal has hit out at the Badminton Association of India over the dates for the Commonwealth Games and Asian Games selection trials, which begin on April 15 in Delhi.
- In a tweet, Nehwal said that she is not participating in the trials as she has just returned from her 3-week Europe events.
- The BAI had announced the selection trials for the Commonwealth and Asian Games from April 15 to April 20, with Kidambi Srikanth, Lakshya Sen and PV Sindhu directly qualifying for the top 15 spots in the world.
- Nehwal clarified that it is impossible to compete in back-to-back events as a senior player in two weeks, which risks injury.
4.2 magnitude earthquake in Faizabad, Afghanistan
- On the morning of April 15, 2022, an earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale struck Faizabad, Afghanistan.
- According to the National Center for Seismology, a 4.2 magnitude earthquake hit on April 15. The location of the earthquake was 69 km from Faizabad, Afghanistan.
- There are no reports of any casualties or damage to properties so far. The detailed information about the earthquake is still awaited.
Delhi passed a budget of Rs. 476 crores for the development of mandis
- Delhi government has passed a budget of Rs. 476 crore for the development of various mandis in the national capital. It also includes more than Rs 175 crore for Azadpur market.
- The state government has also issued orders for the renovation of Kisan Bhawan to save the farmers from similar difficulties and provide better facilities.
- Orders have also been issued to install CCTV cameras in all the mandis of the national capital.
- With the help of cameras, the security of the mandis will be kept under strict surveillance, and the movement of people will also be monitored.
PM Modi inaugurates KK Patel Super Specialty Hospital.
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated KK Patel Super Specialty Hospital in Bhuj district of Gujarat.
- After the inauguration, PM Modi said that India is going to get a record number of new doctors in the coming 10 years.
- Hospital in Gujarat is built by Shree Kachhi Leva Patel Samaj, Bhuj. According to the PMO, Kutch's first charitable super specialty hospital and a 200-bed hospital are also.
- The hospital makes medical super specialty services easily accessible to the area's people.
Top 3 Reasons Why Women Find Designer Blouses AlluringMar 17th, 2022
8 Proven Health Benefits of Turmeric Roots(2019)Apr 03rd, 2022
How to take care of your skin after makeup?Mar 15th, 2022
Best Car Seat for Dogs (Review, Pricing)Mar 18th, 2022
Tips for How to become a top blogger in 2022Mar 16th, 2022
Masturbation Side Effects: Benefits, Risks & How-to OvercomeMar 15th, 2022