One of the most frequent asked questions by any blogger. So creating a thread here to share what tips & tricks helping you to increase traffic...
There is no magic spell to make this happen. It takes work. There are already lots of good suggestions here. Not sure what more I can add. But here is my bucketful:
1) Do your research and get to know your audience and what they want to know.
2) Write the content that fulfills what they want to know and post it on your website. This works whether your website is an e-commerce site, a blog, or anything else. Keep it fresh and updated. Most sites are adding video, so if you can add video even if it's to promote the text, do so. (Even though it denies doing so, Google loves material posted on its properties, so I'd post videos on YouTube and promote them on Google )
3) Stay in touch with your audience. Seek them out on social media, follow or friend them and engage with them, both to find out what they want to read or view and to let them know what you've posted. Ask their opinions on what they've read.
4) Promote your content, both new and existing. Don't hesitate to do it a few times a day, but don't aggravate people by bunching mentions together - space them out. Be creative but don't cheat your reader. Start a hashtag campaign on Twitter or find useful existing Twitter hashtags to piggyback on, but avoid spamming!
5) Enlist evangelists (fans) of your work to help you promote it. For instance, enlist especially enthusiastic fans to become admins of a Facebook group page to talk about your content. Engaged fans are far more willing to help you promote.
6) If you have the money to spend, run Facebook sponsorships and Google Adwords (and Bing ad) programs. Twitter offers sponsorships and trend promotions, too.
7) Use Google Analytics and study the data to see where your traffic is coming from, what searches are bringing them to your site, and provide more content that feeds into the need that brought them to you.
8. If you cover a specific topic rather than general content, consider adding your site as an external link to a qualified Wikipedia topical page. (You can do that by editing the page and adding your site URL or a page URL as an external link.)
Without knowing more about your website and the topic(s) you cover I can't offer more suggestions. I hope these help. These are pretty basic but solid suggestions.
Well this is one of the most common questions asked by ever blogger after spending 3-4 months in blogging. Traffic can be gained by various sources.
1. Organic traffic
First and foremost you should focus on organic traffic as this is the only way to give you consistent traffic.
You should master SEO and should do proper Keyword research before deciding a blog topic. Target long rail keywords, keywords with low competition. Well I have lot to write on this point. But in short focus on SEO too along with your content.
2. Social sharing
Share your blog posts on social platforms like Twitter, flipboard, medium, Quora and Tumblr ( Mix ).
3. Guest post
Do regular guest posts on other blogs. It will help you to gain more traffic to your blog
4. Write on trending topics
Trending topics can give you good traffic if your site has very good DA PA and backlinks.
By doing high quality on Page SEO
Off page SEO is helpful to increase the traffic