1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
Last 5 years, I've been doing many things such as switching jobs, though travel blogging is one thing that remained constant! Over these years, I've been trying out various travel related jobs. So I'd happily call myself an Indian travel blogger who is in search of the best travel job in the world!
My blog, trablogger has seen many phases. When I started it I was focusing on giving a virtual photo walk through various destinations. Now I am focusing on travel inspiration and travel writing.
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
I was a Marine Engineer sailing in international cargo ships. I realized that though this profession helped me to travel, it was not the kind of travel that I wanted.
I wanted to explore and experience a place. So when I quit that job, my next obvious option was to travel around for some time. During that time, one day all of a sudden, out of frustration, as a way to vent off, I started trablogger, my travel blog!
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
Lack of focus and planning was the biggest obstacle I faced after I started blogging. Initially it was easy; write, review and publish. But once the number of posts increased, I had no way of organizing it and make it available for the readers. Lack of knowledge about the ins and outs of professional blogging was another challenge.
With self learned knowledge I have overcome some of those difficulties. But I am still learning more about professional blogging.
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
I started the blog in 2014. Exactly after a year of starting my blog, I self-published a book, both digital and paperback version! I'd consider as one of my biggest achievements which came after blogging!
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
No, I haven't worked with any brands. Though I did a short collaboration with Heart of Sharjah, a tourism department in Emirates of Sharjah, UAE.
6. What is your primary income source?
Payments from the random jobs I get myself into.
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
1. Yoast SEO plugin
2. SUMO plugin
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
Professional blogging is hard. You can do it for money, if you are willing to put in effort more than a 9-5 job! If you are taking up blogging, do it out of passion!
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about IndiBlogHub?
Skill infinity sounds like a great supporting tool for bloggers. Anything that helps bloggers should be welcomes. If you can provide curated training content for bloggers that would be great. A lot of bloggers, including myself struggle to learn the tricks of the trade!