1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
Hey, I'm Mariyam from New Delhi. I blog about beauty, lifestyle, and fashion. I'm a masters student who has a passion for writing.
I am an introvert, animal lover and a spiritual person. I like staying at home being comfy in my PJs and browse internet. I started my blog as a hobby when I was in 2nd year of my Bachelor's and here I am...
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
Before blogging, I had nothing fruitful to do. When I was 18, I used to read beauty blogs for products reviews and beauty tips. Writing has always been my passion and it was thrilling to see how well people were writing on blogs and websites. It was then when I decided to start blogging. It was purely passion then and now I'm also looking for ways to monetize it along with pursuing my passion.
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
Getting traffic is one of the toughest things to achieve, you have to be consistent in blogging in order to reach your readers. Maintaining reader's interest is an important thing which is challenging as well!
Secondly, I don't like how PRs and Brands see us. As a blogger we deserve to be taken seriously and also respected for what we do. I really think that in India, we as influencers are not paid enough for collaborations.
Thirdly, brands look for number of followers rather than the quality of the content. Followers can be bought but creativity, real content cannot!
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
I'm blogging since 3 years and have learnt little things that matter. Readers matter, content matters and the usefulness of the content matters! Blogging helped me polish my writing and reading skills.
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I've worked with Pantene, Dabur, Himalaya Herbals and many more brands.
6. What is your primary income source?
Right now, it's blogging :D
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
I'd recommend Grammarly, Yoast! and TinyJPG
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
Only pursue blogging if your interest lies in writing and sharing your thoughts. If you're starting for the free stuff, it's not going to work for long-term.
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about IndiBlogHub?
Kudos for having such an interactive platform. It's inspiring to see such blogging interviews conducted by you guys. Tremendous job!