1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
I am Rahul Sharma , a Civil Engineer by profession, a blogger by choice . My Blog, Inside Out With Rahul Yuvi is a fun Blog, serving its readers :
a) Travel stories
b) Real Life Motivational stories / experiences in terms of human emotions
c) Spiritual Write Ups
d) Book Reviews
e) Restaurant Reviews ,
Each of these is served with a trademark flavor of humor added to it !
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
I was and I still am working as a Civil Engineer with a PSU called NTPC Ltd. I always had a thing for writing right from my school days. I remember writing a small article on one of the busiest airport at that time, The Heathrow Airport, London when I was in 8th standard (it was pure work of imagination since I hadn't been to Heathrow ever ).So, in a way , it was quite spontaneous to commence blogging.
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
Major challenge is ensuring consistent Traffic inflow at the Blog and balancing the time between regular job & writing blogs. As for the solutions , the best & easiest way to engage regular audience with your blog is regular & relevant posts with aggressive promotions . For time, well you have to cut down on some sleeping hours but those having a strong drive for writing don't see this as an issue at all, isn't it ? :)
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
That after consistent efforts spanning over 2.5 years to build the blog, today more than 2400 unknown people (all social Media handles combined)- follow, read , like,dislike, appreciate, crticise my blog posts i.e. atleast so many people are atleast taking regular notice of what am I writing.
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
Yes, I have. Primarily , I have worked with Performics.Convonix (Handling Club Mahindra) ; Praveg Tourism One ; Invincible Publishers ; Living wise Project etc.
6. What is your primary income source?
My PSU job as a Civil Engineer.
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
1.Social Media Handles - in my case , I get maximum Traffic through Facebook but I would recommend active promotions on Twitter,Instagram & Pinterest etc. as well.
2.Connect with Readers- Engage with the Wordpress readers,have one on one conversations with them because here the crowd largely is a passionate one as far as blog reading is concerned.
3. Apps Showcasing your Blog - At the end of the day , traffic on your blog governs everything, including sustenance of your enthusiasm for writing.Hence , it becomes all very important to register yourself with some good Blog apps which can promote you content. (They are usually free , but do look out for reviews to find genuine ones )
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
Don't look for overnight results .For first 6 months , don't even think of traffic or Brands or making money through your Blog .Initially, just put in everything to build your blog - keep writing the best you can , develop your website , initiate you Blog Page on social media , promote your posts - basically ,lay a strong foundation and then, results including traffic ,Ads, brands etc will follow in due course of time.
Each one of us blogger has gone through that phase where we thought that we have put up a magnificent write up , only to be read by 10-12 people. Blogging is a very organic process which takes time to grow .So Buddies, stay cool & keep writing !
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about IndiBlogHub?
As I have said earlier , Blog showcasing app/ websites play a really important role in projecting your Blog to the right audience which eventually draws right traffic to your website. Skill Infinity is doing exactly that .Regarding improvements, well I guess Skill Infinity should start inviting & then uploading videos of experienced bloggers on various topics related to blogging world
( Developing Blog, Promotion & Projection , How to attract Brands & Ads etc.) which will be of great help to our new friends who have just started writing.