1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
Hello Everyone, I am Lt Cdr Richa (Retd). I have two children, one husband and a dotting Yorkshire Terrier.
We are like any other Indian family where the husband is working, kids are going to regular school and we all like to travel. But what differentiates us is the fact that in spite of work and school we travel… A LOT!
Our website www.lighttravelaction.com is all about showing you what it’s really like to travel with (or without) children with our tested tips and tricks to help you plan your next destination.
So far I have been to 24 Indian States and 9 countries.
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
I believe every one has a second calling..well I have like 2nd, 3rd, 4th calling...
After serving in the Indian Navy for 7 years, writing for television (Chhota Bheem, Krishna Balram to name a few) for couple of years, here I am with my Family Travel Blog www.lighttravelaction.com where you will find Travel and trekking related tips and tricks so that you Plan Less and Travel More.
Our Blog is all about believing and living the moto - You don't have to be rich or single to enjoy a wanderlust life.
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
Blogging is all about – Writing and then marketing it on Social Media. Striking the right balance and being committed to the schedule does become challenging at times. How did I overcome it?...reminding myself that it is a competitive world out there!!
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
I started blogging in October 2017. Within a week my first blog post got share more than 400 times and within a month, I had two brands approach me for Collaboration. Also in May 2018 I was chosen as Tripoto's Brand Ambassador.
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I have collaborated with Amargarh Fort Palace, Zivame, Nyokum Yullo Festival in Arunachal Pradesh to name a few. I am also the Brand Ambassador of Tripoto.
6. What is your primary income source?
Freelance writing and Collaborations.
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
3) INSTAGRAM and now IGTV
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
There is no substitute to Hard work. Success might seem far and difficult but you must stick on to see the results.
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about IndiBlogHub?
Ha ha what else can a blogger ask other than “Do Follow” Back link ;)