There are lots of things that can ruin your mind while you process to migrate Google Workspace mailboxes to Office 365 manually. That is the reason users find a reliable method to accomplish this task. If you are also searching for the same, it is the best page where you have arrived right now. Here, we will provide you with a simple solution as well as detailed manual method steps to make this task easy.
Reasons why is it in trend to migrate to Office 365
• Familiarity with the Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
• Diversity in the pricing of Office 365 subscriptions.
Behind this process, it could be more factors due to which users are moving from G Suite to Office 365. These reasons can be particular for each user; now the question is how users can migrate Google Workspace mailboxes to Office 365 in a quick way. So, read this post until the end; here, you will get the answer to this question.
Manual method to migrate from Google G Suite to Microsoft 365
Step1: Verify your Domain
• This verification task is required while you set up the Microsoft 365 in your system.
• Verify your domain with your current DNS host provider.
Step2: Include users in Office 365
• In this step, you must add the users to Office 365. For this, you can include the users one by one or multiple users at a time.
• Ensure all users have the license before adding them to Office 365.
Step3: Prepare a list of Gmail user’s mailboxes
• Go to the Google Workspace Admin Console and sign in.
• Select users and write their email addresses.
• Now go to Microsoft Admin Center, Users, and then Active users. Cross-check the username column.
• After that, start Microsoft Excel.
• Use the below-mentioned template to create the migration file in MS Excel. Email Address in A1, User name in B1, and Password in C1.
• Now enter the user name and email address of Office 365 active users as we described earlier.
• Last, save this file as a CSV file type and close the Excel.
Step4: Make the connection between Office 365 and Gmail
• Open the Classic Exchange Admin Center.
• Move to Recipients, Migration, More, and then click Migration Endpoints.
• Press the new (+) and create a new migration endpoint.
• Select IMAP from the Select the migration endpoint type page.
• Set the IMAP server to imap.gmail.com and also set it as the default settings. Then, click Next.
• Provide the name of the Migration endpoint and other details, and then tap the Next button.
Step5: Create a migration batch to migrate Google Workspace mailboxes to Exchange Admin Center (EAC)
• First, go to Office 365 Admin Center, Admin Centers tab, and choose Exchange.
• Now navigate to Recipients and then Migration.
• After that, click New (+) and select Migrate to Exchange Online option.
• Select IMAP migration and click on the Next button.
• Browse the migration file that we created earlier.
• As Microsoft 365 validates the added file, then it shows the number of users listed in the file. After that, tap the Next button.
• Choose the migration endpoint that you created before and click Next.
• Thereafter, accept the default values and hit the Next button.
• Provide a name to the migration batch. Here users can also enter the name of the folder. Press Next.
• Select Browse to send a copy of the process report to other users.
• Choose Automatically start the batch and then click on New. The G Suite to Office 365 migration will begin instantly.
Step6: Update the DNS records to move the Gmail mailboxes directly to Office 365
• Open Microsoft 365 and sign in with your account.
• Go to Setup and then choose Domains.
• Choose your domain and then Fix issues.
• Select the What do I fix? And then, follow the instructions to include the DNS records for Office 365.
• After completing, you will see a message Contoso.com is set up correctly.
Step7: Stop synchronization with Google Gmail
• Verify that the entire email is being moved to Microsoft 365.
• After verification, delete the migration batch and stop synchronization. Before deletion, keep the migration batch running for at least 72 hours.
This manual method doesn’t process up to 50,000 mailboxes at a time. It has a size restriction that you can only process with 10 MB larger emails at a time. Users require technical skills; without technical hands, the process becomes a hectic task for the users. So, if you are a novice user, then look to migrate Google Workspace mailboxes to Office 365 with the help of a professional third-party tool.
Shoviv third-party tool to migrate Google Workspace emails
As we can see, the manual method is a long working process that takes ample time to process the task. So, to make this migration task, Shoviv comes up with a perfect solution for the users. Shoviv G Suite to Office 365 Migration Tool does work without any limitations and provides accurate and quick results. This software has a lot of features to give a better working experience to its users.
• It also has a filter option that users can use to make the migration of particular items.
• This software offers a simple user interface; even novice users can migrate Google Workspace mailboxes to Office 365 cloud-based service.
• It maintains the hierarchy of the folder and data integrity while processing migration tasks.
• This tool also allows users to set the failed items count.
• It provides an easy working process that everyone can understand without any difficulty.
• Users can also schedule the process to migrate Google Workspace mailboxes to Office 365 environment.
• Along with the Office 365 migration, users also migrate their G Suite data directly into Live Exchange Server.
This post delivered information regarding the manual and professional software. We recommend users go with the Shoviv professional software to migrate Google Workspace mailboxes to Office 365 cloud-based service. This software is the best and quick solution that every user can utilize without any difficulty.