1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
My name is Debdatta Dasgupta Sahay and I am a book addict from Kolkata, India. When I am not reading, I am driving people nuts by talking about them.
My reading journey began with Satyajit Ray's books and till date he is my top favourite author. I also love (in no particular order) Anita Desai, Salil Desai, Sudha Murthy, Shatrujeet Nath, Agatha Christie, Enid Blyton, Lee Child, Jeffery Archer, Sarah J. Maas, J.K Rowling, Chris Kuzneski, P.G Wodehouse, David Baldacci, James Patterson, Alexander McCall Smith... And the list goes on.
I started b00k r3vi3ws blog back in February, 2012 as an outlet for my bookish craziness. I also started b00k r3vi3w Tours in October 2014 to help promote books.
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
I used to be a Human Resource Professional with 6 years of work experience under my belt. I just earned 2nd Post-Graduate degree in Mass Communication and Journalism.
I love books and when I discovered the Book Blogging world, I just knew I had to start one of my own.
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
The biggest challenge is to make a regular blogging schedule. With work, home and reading taking up most of my time, blogging sometimes bears the brunt.
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
It helped me connect with some serious readers & made some solid friends... which I consider to be my greatest achievements via the Blog. The Blog also brought the following recognition:
-1. Won The Indian Blogger Awards 2013 (in Book Category) hosted by IndiBlogger
2. Got featured in Limca Book of Records - Special Literature Edition 2015 for most reviews
3. Made the 3rd position in Top 15 Socially Active Book Blogs In India
4. Got featured in Limca Book of Records - Special Literature Edition 2016 for most reviews
5. Got featured in Limca Book of Records - Special Literature Edition 2017 for most reviews
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I work with all the leading publishing houses and a lot of Authors individually.
6. What is your primary income source?
I freelance as a Digital Publicist & Virtual Assistant for Authors.
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
1. Google Analytics
3. Social Media
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
Take Seo seriously. I had no idea when I began. It is only recently that I started concentrating on it and it seriously makes a difference.
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about IndiBlogHub?
Love the platform it provides to bloggers and help promote their own brands.