1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
My name is Anjana. I live in Kottayam, Kerala. I like history and gardening. I have three blogs, but my favorite is https://www.notesonindianhistory.com. It deals with Indian history, especially the medieval era.
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging in 2013. anjanadesigns.blogspot.com was my first blog, in which I had posts on different categories like Photoshop frames, history, flower pics, blogger designing etc. Recently I transferred all the history posts to https://www.notesonindianhistory.com.
When I started blogging I considered my blog as a diary to note important events in Indian history. Initially I used a general knowledge book as reference. One day I happened to read Elliot's history of India. It came to my mind that many of the historical facts I have studied in school were fiction only.
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
People on Internet steal our content as well as images. I found it out via back-link checker tools.
As a history blogger, here is a horrible experience I had: Some time ago I answered a question on Quora regarding Bajirao's relationship with Mastani. Many people told me that I wrote nonsense and my answer was a story from Bollywood movie. I gave them reference list but still they could not accept the truth.
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
I am still waiting for that...
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
6. What is your primary income source?
At present I am working as freelancer graphic designer.
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
Photoshop, Pinterest and backlink checking tools
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
Do not write for SEO, but write for your readers.
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about IndiBlogHub?
Skill Infinity is a great platform for bloggers. I wish if there was category for history.