Interview with Indian Travel Blogger – Manu Khandelwal from Harstuff Travel
1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
Hi, I am Manu, an Engineer by education, Traveler and Mountaineer by passion and a Travel Expert by profession. I started my blog with a aim to provide realistic information about places so that people can travel without any doubts by reading the blog. I usually share my travel experiences and travel guides.
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging at the end of 2013 during my semester exams. Before blogging, usually I used to play badminton in my leisure time. Well, there is a story behind my blogging. We were a group of 6 during our engineering days and we used to be kind of frustrated engineers. Our semester exams were going on and we were usually thinking that “we should do something unique apart from our studies”.
One of us came up with an idea of blogging and we all decided to start a blog. Now the main problem we faced that on which niche we should start a blog? Everyone came up with a different answer so we finally decided to start separate blogs as per our interest and get it connected to one network that is Harstuff. So from here I started my travel blog which is Harstuff Travel.
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
The very first challenge I face is procrastination. I am very lazy and I still have incomplete travel blogs which are yet to be published. The other challenge is the time. When I was in college, I used to get time for blogging quite easily but with the job it became a bit tough. I have made a schedule and have reserved 3 hours for blogging daily. Also I have made a blogging plan that I cannot share. Its classified. ;-)
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
No big achievements till now. But I feel very happy and contented when someone praise my write up.
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
Yes. Many. Some of the names are Tata Motors, Askme, Sterling Holidays, College Dunia, Yatra.com, etc.
6. What is your primary income source?
My Job. I work in a Travel Company as a Travel Expert.
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
3. Keyword Planner
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
Be consistent. Regularity and quality blogging is the most important. Don't think about money for the first two years.
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about IndiBlogHub?
As Blogging and influencer marketing is growing rapidly, Skill Infinity is a great platform for bloggers. You can start bloggers meetup also where you can have different sessions.