1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
I was just stuck in my cubicle for years, like everyone else. More than anything, I needed the freedom over my day to day schedule. Initially, I maintained both a job and a blog but eventually I decided to take the risk and left the full-time job. There has been difficult times but I have survived more than 4 years without a job now.
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
I was working in the field of digital marketing though I always had a habit of writing. Earlier I had a basic blog but I was not doing it professionally. The idea of a travel blog came to my mind in 2010, when I did my first Himalayan trek. I noticed that proper information and high-resolution images were scarce for many great places in India and I could provide that. There was a distinct opportunity, I planned it for a long time and finally launched the site in 2011.
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
I was doing everything alone and I had very limited resources and no fallback option, at least initially. On occasions, I have had to take it slow or wait. I have taken up freelance projects to keep afloat at times although I don't have to do that anymore.
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
I am just a nerd so I don't know about other things but seeing a post rank well on Google provides me the utmost satisfaction, and I have plenty of such posts.
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
I have collaborated with many brands over the year. Asus, Sterling, InFocus, Vivo, Vodafone, just to name a few, along with some tourism boards and hospitality chains.
6. What is your primary income source?
Brand collaborations, Print Publications, Stock Photography sales, and some PPC ads.
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
I hardly use any fancy tools, unless you consider Google Analytics and Search Console to be tools.
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
Create unique and lasting content that ranks on Google. Social media will only give you 15 mins of fame if your content is weak.
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about IndiBlogHub?
Skill Infinity has been doing good work so far. It should focus on adding more human intelligence to the process, in order to better match brands and bloggers. It should also explore newer ways of collaborations.