Interview with Sonam Jain: Founder of The Magic Platter, a Food Blog
1. Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your Blog?
I am Sonam Jain, a food-artist running a blog named "The Magic Platter". My journey in blogging started after I took a sabbatical from corporate world to enjoy motherhood. My blog focuses on creating whimsical, colorful & healthy platters for kids in form of visual stories that entices young minds to explore & love home cooked meals.
2. What did you do before Blogging? What inspired you to start blogging?
I was a marketing post grad, working for MNC's in BTL Marketing. My last stint was Radio City 91.1 FM before i started blogging full time. Initially i just posted my foodart on social media platforms. When i got positive response, people started loving my art and asked me how did I do it that's when i thought of blogging so i can share some more creative ideas to the moms
3. As a blogger, what are the challenges you face? How you overcome it?
There are three challenges I am facing:
1. Getting people to understand there is a segment called as Foodart and it is a different entity in itself. Son't generalise it as a food blog.
2. Market Myself, as there are plethora of bloggers and they know the tricks and trade of business
3. Being Consistent, as I am mom of a toddler by day's and night just go running around him
To overcome it I am trying to follow a discipline method of showcasing my content time to time, seeking help and directing approaching bloggers in case i have my doubts & moreover enjoying the journey with fellow moms
4. What would you consider to be your biggest achievement in your journey so far as a Blogger?
it's been not even 6 months and my blog was nominated by IFBA ( Indian Food Blogger's Association 2017) for their Insta Awards under Food Styling Category.
Also I have been featured with one of the largest mom community in India - The First Moms Club. They were the first community to bring my talent to other moms.
5. Have you worked/collaborate with brands? If yes, name few brands you worked with
Yes, I have collaborated with few brands like Popular Essentials & Mimmo Organics Past Brand.
6. What is your primary income source?
Currently I earn through my blog
7. Top 3 Blogging tools that you would recommend to your readers?
Choose right blogging platform - I prefer Wordpress, Add Yoast SEO plugin, Beautify your pictures with Canva App
8. One piece of advice that you would like to share with all new bloggers?
Be Consistent, Don't Copy or Cheat and always look out for opportunities
9. Finally, what are your thoughts about IndiBlogHub?
It's an amazing platform, you don't get lost in the blogger pool ( like your competition).
Organise Meet ups at small-big level, Get brands on board, Organise chat sessions with blogging mentors