What is Dedicated Hosting?
Dedicated hosting is such hosting where you are given a complete server. Which means that that server will only host your website. There will be no other user on that server other than you, due to which you get a lot of dedicated resources as well as get the best privacy.
In Dedicated Hosting, in a way, you are the owner of the server, then you can set the server according to your own. You can also increase or decrease the resources on the server. In Dedicated Hosting, you get complete control over the server. You can increase or decrease the software and hardware on the server according to you.
How Dedicated Hosting works?
Like other types of web hosting, Dedicated Hosting also works on the same basic principle that all the files of your website are stored on your web server. So whenever a person enters the name of your website in his web browser, then your server in response to this request, sends your website files to his web browser which he sees as your website.
The only difference in this type of web hosting is that only the files of your website are stored on your server, due to which your server works very fast. This is the reason that in Dedicated Web Hosting your visitors get a very good user-experience.
Pros of using Dedicated Hosting
- The speed of your website is very good as if the dedicated server is only yours, then the traffic of someone else's website does not make any difference to your website.
- You have complete control over the server configuration. And you also get very good security.
- Dedicated hosting is very reliable. In Shared Hosting, websites of other users can put load on the server, due to which your website may slow down or go offline. But this does not happen in the case of Dedicated Hosting.
Cons of using Dedicated Hosting
1. Dedicated hosting is one of the most expensive types of hosting. For the ordinary user, this is the most expensive type of hosting because usually we do not need more resources than this. This is the reason that most of the users prefer to use VPS or Cloud Hosting before buying Dedicated Hosting.
2. To use it, you also need to have knowledge of technical and server management.