What is a Hyperlink?
In the context of blogging or SEO, hyperlinks can be used to link certain pages/blog posts to another page/blog post/website.
The reason for hyperlinking can be explained as below:
1. You linking certain content/ data to another post/website/image to indicate either the source from where you have borrowed the content, info or to give a detailed explanation of what you have mentioned in your post.
2. Another website/media post linking their content to your website/ blog (for same reason as point 1)
These hyperlinking can be 2 types:
1. Internal link- you linking content on Post (A) to content leading to another Post (B), both posts being on your own website.
2. Backlink/ external link- you link your content to an external website or vice-versa.
Uses of hyperlinked content are:
1. Internal linking can be used to lead your reader from one-post to another within your own website, thus helping to increase traffic/engagement/dwell time/no. of views
2. Backlinks help to improve the authority of your blog. It helps in confidence building among your readers with regard to your knowledge and authenticity of the subject in your blog.