Advantages of PHP :
- PHP is free and open source i.e. you can download and use it for free.
- It is platform independent i.e. can be used in any platform like Windows, Linux, Mac etc.
- Its syntax is very simple so it can be learned very easily.
- Its execution speed is very fast.
- The connection to the database can be created very easily using the built-in database module.
- Powerful library support
- Versions of PHP are constantly updated with new technology and features.
- It is compatible with both Apache and IIS servers.
- Not only MySQL but also other types of databases like MS SQL Server, Oracle etc. can be used with PHP.
- Most hosting servers support PHP by default. Like ASP, it does not require dedicated hosting. This means that hosting a website made of PHP does not cost much money.
Disadvantages of PHP :
- PHP is not suitable for large web applications it is difficult to maintain because it is not very modular. This makes it difficult to manage large web applications.
- There is an error handling method in the PHP framework. This is not a proper solution for the PHP developer, so it is a problem with the PHP developer.